WHEN: Wednesday, October 15
WHAT: Business Literacy PLUS!
“Can you talk the talk?” Business talk, that is.
It may account for only a small percentage of your job description, but being business literate is vital to your overall professional success. In order to move up the management ladder or operate your own practice, you need to understand the financial side of business.
Business Literacy PLUS is a teleseminar for PRSA members who want to increase their understanding of key business concepts often encountered in daily client interaction. It's also great for those preparing for the APR Exam.
* Review how businesses organize their structure and resources to effectively compete.
* Learn to understand internal and external business drivers and how public relations professionals can increase their value by understanding these key dynamics.
* Review important accounting terms including understanding the difference between revenue and profit, as well as accounts receivable, depreciation and EBIT.
* Learn about key financial statements in a way that can be easily grasped.
* Become familiar with the appropriate roles of business in a democratic society and free market systems.
With more than 20 years of management experience working in a variety of business and financial capacities, Micheal J. Carbon owns his own financial service practice and is part of the Northwestern Mutual Financial Network. Previously, he was vice president of planning and marketing administration for Highmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield, where he was part of management team running the insurer’s group health business in Central Pennsylvania.
When: Wednesday, October 15, 2008
2-3 p.m. Central Time
Cost: Member $12 / Non-Member $15
Where: Immotion Studios/Marketing Management, Inc. 4717 Fletcher Ave., 76107
Conference Room and Beverage Refreshments compliments of Immotion Studios / MMI.
To attend, email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for the link to the online invitation.
APR Accreditation Maintenance Credits Approved: 1.0
Participants earn 1.0 APR Accreditation Maintenance Credits for a teleseminar. For more information on APR Accreditation Maintenance Credits, visit http://www.prsa.org/PD/apr/index.html.