Forward

Friday, August 29, 2008

President's Column from the September eChaser

"Remember, your grandmother was a lady."

My mom used this phrase with me all my life, and during her upbringing her mother echoed this phrase more often than not.

It is a simple and sweet reminder that one's "good name" and reputation are things to be cherished and protected.

As my girls get older, I find myself passing down these same words of wisdom along with lots of gentle advice.

As PR practitioners we're also obligated to help, preserve and protect the reputations of the organizations, companies and clients we serve. This is an immense responsibility and one that can never be taken too lightly.

Our September program speaker, Dr. Leslie Gaines-Ross, will describe how to best safeguard reputation and will discuss strategies that can help restore a damaged reputation. As part of the professional development workshop on the morning of Sept. 10, and during the luncheon program, she’ll touch on many of the points she makes in her new book: "12 Steps to Safeguarding and Recovering Reputation."

I hope you’ll be able to join us, and while you are at it, bring along some of your parents' good advice and maybe we'll have time to share it!

No comments:

Post a Comment